UTF-8 http://anastreet.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/defaultSite Feed Ana Street: Fauchelevent!

This blog is best viewed using Internet Explorer. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click View, Page Style and select No Style.


Click here for The Summer of '05

Links

Thursday, March 24, 2005
Fauchelevent!

I knew the title would catch your attention...

...then again, maybe not...

Finally! I get to write an entry in my blog. You must understand that, although this is only my 11th or so post, I write long enough to transport you into the wonderland that is Boredom. (Pardon me as I oil my writing hinges.)
*******************
First of all, I am finally over and done with High School. Yup. That was it. That's the end. Well, April 1 will be the official end, but I am now officially an Assumption alumna. Yes siree! We were inducted into the Assumption Alumnae Association. I have this medallion that has "Congregation de l'Assumption de Notre Dame" engraved on it, which means that I have a bed to sleep on if ever I go to Paris, Tongo, Brazil, Lithuania, Scotland...

Speaking of graduation, we had our Grad Ball/Senior's Night last Saturday. It was jolly good fun. Ms. Lizzie Lotilla generously provided us with the necessary white stretch limo. I hope my date Tim enjoyed because I surely did. It wasn't as grand as last year's Prom/Junior's Night. Heck, the Prom was as grand as the Oscars Governor's Ball. Either way, it was a great night. I'd rather forget and learn from that big Batch boo-boo and just remember what good memories I had.
********************
I passed UP.

Woohoo!

"U-nibersidad! Ng Pilipinas!"

I am so happy. I am so thankful. God is good. The only cloud that hangs over this situation is my parents' desire for me to go to Ateneo. Oh! I'm sorry. I meant the Ateneo. Haha. Just kidding. I am starting to outgrow my anti-Ateneo phase for many reasons. For one thing, Ateneo has given me overwhelming opportunities. Also, a lot of my buddies are going there. I don't want to end our friendships by bashing their school; however, I would like to point out that Atenean pride still vexes me from time to time.

Let me expound on this further. I was in a particularly contemplative mood one night, what with the "UP or Ateneo" thing in my mind. All Fran, Kloe, and I ever discussed during Legacy Mass practices was college. Fran is the La Sallite, Kloe is the Atenean, and I'm the...the...taga-UP. That night, I Googled "UP or Ateneo," and I ended up with several results. One was an interesting message board thread in PinoyExchange.com. The guy who started the thread was a concerned father who wanted a general opinion on where his son should study: UP, La Salle, or Ateneo? Although it's sad that he was sort of implying that he is only interested in these 3 universities, this is even sadder:

The first few posts showed that most recommend UP, some in the most arrogant manner. Then, here comes this guy named Ultra_MegaStar who posts a reply which will forever be ingrained in my memory. He actually posts the reply several times, in different versions. Here's the worst:
If you have the money and your son has the brains, send your son to the best school in the Philippines, the ATENEO. If you can't afford it but your son has the brains, your son can apply for a scholarship in Ateneo. If he fails to get a scholarship in Ateneo, UP is not a bad fallback. If you have the money but your son is not that bright, then send your son to DLSU or its sister school, CSB.
There you go. A direct quote. Yuck.

Anyway, back to Peyups. I attended mass in UP this afternoon. After the mass, we ate fishballs. What was to happen next will forever be hailed as a first.

I found out that a little bottle of C2, which costs P15 in Assumption, costs P16 in UP. Oh my. I never thought that was possible.

Well, they're both over-priced anyway.
********************
I am glad introduce you guys, my non-existent readers, to Petit Leblanc, my iPod shuffle. Woohoo! Another reason to be happy. Petit Leblanc was welcomed home last Monday. He's so adorable. He now currently holds Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, tracks from A Beginner's Guide to Jazz, several showtunes, a number of Bob Marley songs, some rock and disco tracks, and even Maya Angelou reciting "Phenomenal Woman" and Andy Garcia reciting "Tonight I Can Write."

How did I get his name? Well, I found the li'l guy cute. Really little. As in Gavroche little. I also thought it was so white. So clean. Then I thought, wasn't Petit Gervais singing while flipping his beloved 40 sous piece? I also figured that Marius Pontmercy christened Jean Valjean as "Monsieur Leblanc" because his hair was so white.

Voila!

PETIT LEBLANC.

It is also fitting that Joey is played by Matt LeBlanc. Okay, so it's not that fitting, but I just wanted to mention that Joey, the Friends spin-off, will be aired in Studio 23 anytime soon.

Petit Leblanc currently has a makeshift case. Some clever guy in iPodlounge.com figured that, since the iPod shuffle is as big as a his finger, he can create an almost waterproof and scratch-proof case for his shuffle by cutting off the middle finger from a latex glove and using it as a neat, form-fitting case.
********************
As the school year draws to an official close, I started cleaning up all the mess and clutter that gathered in my desk during Term Exam week. I kept all those handouts, quizzes, and notes in a pink envelope. Why it's pink, I don't know.

I did keep with me, however, all the passports I wrote for English class. Reading them was like having a year-in-review. Passport therapy is a better term for passport writing. Ranting, doodling, and babbling on those 4x6 index cards helped me go through the toughest year of high school. As I said in my last passport, "At one point, English was the only subject that kept me going. It was the only subject that I felt was relevant and useful." Of course, that sentiment isn't always constant, particularly when I received my last AC report card last Monday and found out that English, for the very first time, was my lowest subject with a grade that was to be my lowest ever English grade.

Nevertheless, I still love English...


...and History.


History is not boring.
posted by Ana, sgtpepper72687@yahoo.com
10:12 PM

12 Comments:

I love English but I never got to appreciate World History. I love Philippine History though. Waaaahhhhhhhh. Baligtad talaga utak ko. Ha ha haaaaaaa.

Congratulations you passed UP! Hehahahaha para ba namang hindi ko alam iyan! :D But still, saludo ako!

Woooow partner mo pala si Tim! Naka naman. Btw, you looked really "dashing" with the dress you wore last Seniors' Night! I enjoyed this year's ball than last year.

SA INYO PALA YUNG WHITE LIMO! Kaya noong andoon kami nina Dj, Meg, K, Nona, Cate, etc., tila nabighani kami nang makita naming may mahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabang limo na dumaan. Bongga kayo, day.

(Forgive me for the numerous reactions. Hehaaa)

I was very shocked at the comment you quoted directly. Halatang narrow-minded yung taong iyon. Ang mentalidad niya ay nakadikit sa mga stereotypes ng bawat unibersidad. Kaya when I read that, bigla nalang nagpop sa head ko yung mga popular review centers such as Ahead, Expert, especially MSA! Ayyy nako, did you see their books? Parang ito--"MSA ACET: All College Entrance Tests for U.P. La Salle Ateneo and other schools." How could they be sooo narrow-minded. They didn't even acknowledge other great schools such as UST, or even UA&P. Pweh.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

Oo nga...here here!

Bale yung limo, yun yung ginamit natin papunta sa FAMAS last year.

By Blogger Ana, at 5:44 PM  

I just remembered that Jess still owes us Starbucks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

Nice site!
[url=http://smcmrcvm.com/tnwb/mzde.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://biercacy.com/wjuu/bpjy.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

Thank you!
http://smcmrcvm.com/tnwb/mzde.html | http://cuqvnbvr.com/jldj/zbql.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

Good design!
[url=http://qisbunyj.com/enig/wrjt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mrnygmht.com/oyzc/jglb.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 PM  

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

Thank you!
http://qisbunyj.com/enig/wrjt.html | http://cfwsabkb.com/ihkk/nfrf.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

Thank you!
[url=http://ntfzvlmp.com/gjkv/esjw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kawmlkyc.com/nqoi/vdbc.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Good design!
http://ntfzvlmp.com/gjkv/esjw.html | http://rsxsdjgt.com/prcm/coor.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment


MENU

Previous Posts
Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
Lazenby. George Lazenby.
Sembreak, UST, and BoSox
After the retreat...
The Worst Day Ever
October Visits
Bea Liwanag (1987-2004)
Monday, Monday
Welcome to Ana St.!
This Blog is Under Construction


Archives
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
March 2005